The King’s Castle is Australia’s only permanent exhibition of artefacts that were owned by Elvis Presley. The King’s Castle opened in the NSW central west town of Parkes in January, 2009. It began in a small building, known as Moat Cottage, and the following year moved to the bigger venue of The Henry Parkes Centre, which incorporates the Parkes Visitor Information Centre, The Parkes Motor Museum, The Parkes Historical Society, and The Parkes Antique Farm Machinery Museum.
Visitors to the complex can see all 4 museums for one low admission price, which includes these priceless artefacts that can only be seen here, in Australia.
The collection is owned by Greg Page and The King’s Castle is a joint venture project between Greg Page and the Parkes Shire Council.
Over time, the collection has included more than 1500 items, ranging from the original cape made for Elvis’ Aloha from Hawaii concert in 1973, a 10 carat diamond ring gifted to a fan at a concert in 1975, a two-piece leather stage suit worn in 1974, as well as instruments, furniture, documents, movie clothing and more.
The collection which is on display now tells the story of Elvis’ life and career, from his birth through to his death. It features a two-piece suit worn on stage in 1976, the guitar that Elvis used at his last Las Vegas concert in 1976, the last Cadillac owned by Elvis, furniture from his Graceland and Beverly Hills homes, jewellery worn by Elvis on stage and at Graceland, and much, much more.
We are pleased to be able to share these wonderful artefacts with the thousands of tourists who visit Parkes each year.